The review of existing frameworks, guidelines and mathematics standards included the following documents:
- NCTM Curriculum Standards for School Mathematics K-4 and "Content for the Elementary Program"
- Alabama Course of Study Mathematics
- California Basic Instructional Materials in Mathematics, Adoption Recommendations of the Curriculum Development and Supplemental Materials Commission to the State Board of Education (1994).
- Florida Model Curriculum Project mathematics, Grades K-5/Illinois Mathematics Proficiency Guide
- New York State Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment Framework for Mathematics (1993)
- California State Department of Education Model Curriculum Guide for Mathematics (1987)
- California Mathematics Framework for California Public Schools, K-12
- Texas Revised Content for Textbook, Mathematics 1-8; State Board of Education Rules for Curriculum: Revised Essential Elements (1991).
- Thompson, C. Main Themes from the NCTM Standards, from "NCTM Standards: New Directions for Mathematics Education", Mathematics, Current Issues. Houghton Mifflin.
- Glencoe Publishers (1994). The NCTM Standards. Interactive Math
Aeronautical Content Resources Reviewed
The materials review included (but was not limited to) the following resources:
- Mendocino County School District Aviation Curriculum, Mendocino, California
- Aviation Careers, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Careers in Airway Science, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Aviation and Space Curriculum Guide K-3, Department of Transportation
- General James H. Doolittle Activity Booklet, United States Air Force Auxiliary (1988)
- A Model Aerospace Curriculum, August Martin High School, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Transportation
- Aviation Curriculum Guide for Middle School Level, Secondary School Level.
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- Federal Aviation Administration Curriculum Guide for Aviation Magnet Schools Programs. U.S. Department of Transportation.
- New Kids on the Net: A Tutorial. Sheryl Burgstahler (1995).
- Demonstration Aids for Aviation Education. U. S. Department of Transportation.
- Discovery, Educational product for children in grades K-3, NASA and Smithsonian Institution. NASA.