Consumer Direction in Personal Assistance: How to Work Together is an interactive DVD to help teach and educate personal assitants and people with disabilities on how they can work together. It is a combination of video, questions, facts and perspectives from stakeholders in the personal assistance relationship. This DVD is available for purchase.
The DVD is divided into four sections:
- Consumer Directions: What is it? introduces the person with a disability as the boss in the personal assistance relationship
- Health and Safety provides information about how a personal assistant can stay healthy and safe on the job while einforcing the leadership of the person with a disability
- Communication reviews real world communication techniques that can help personal assistants and people with disabilities work together more effectively.
- Rights and Responsibiliities describes what both the personal assistant and the person with a disability must receive and provide.
Employees with Disabilities is a DVD which focuses on successful people with disabilities working in a wide range of careers and work settings. The Role Models' stories help employers and employment specialists appreciate the contributions, creativity, and enthusiasm that people with disabilities bring to the workplace. This DVD also highlights practical, low-cost disability acommodations. This employer-focused DVD is an excellent tool for job placement, development, and diversity training. This DVD is available for purchase from Program Development Associates.
This fast moving, youth-focused DVD features role models with disabilities in a wide range of employment settings. The role models talk about their career paths, what inspires them about their work, and why work is important. The DVD encourages young people with disabilities and their families to explore a variety of exciting career options. This resource is also perfect for schools and agencies that provide career guidance and services. This DVD is available for purchase from Program Development Associates.
Open Futures: Role Models for Youth with Disabilities is an interactive cd featuring interviews with Role Models who have had a wide range of educational backgrounds, occupations, and disabilities. Each Role Model shares information about career path, the rewards of work, and other career information. These Role Models inspire others with disabilities to explore career paths and follow their dreams. The stories can also help employers and employment specialists appreciate the value that people with disabilities bring to the workplace.This DVD is available for purchase from Program Development Associates.
Take Control: How to Stay Healthy and Safe from HIV and AIDS is an interactive cd-rom that educates the user about hw to avoid situations that can put them in jeopardy. It helps make complicated and sensitive subjects like condoms,sex and AIDS easy to discuss. With the use of images and quizzes it educates and guides the user through the training and explains how the virus is spead. This cd-rom is available for purchase from Program Development Associates.
Included on the cd are sections on:
- Basic definition of HIV and AIDS
- How HIV and AIDS is contracted and spread
- How to avoid HIV by using condoms, and abstinence
- Choices about sexual relationships
- How to avoid compromising situations
- Misconceptions and how HIV is not spread
- Inappropriate sexual advances
- How, why and where to get tested for HIV
2560 Ninth Street, Suite 320
Berkeley, CA 94710-2566
|Voice: (510) 549-6520
Fax: (510) 549-6512
TDD: (510) 549-6523